OUTREACH MINISTRIES TEAM DESCRIPTION
Outreach is meeting the needs of our community and world while expressing God’s love in ways that build relationship and provide opportunities to share God’s plan of salvation. The goal of the Outreach Ministries Team is to involve the church in outreach programs. This means the team will research ideas shared by members or pastor or investigate outreach opportunities initiated by the Outreach Ministries team and approved by the pastor. After extensive research, the team will share a strategic plan to the pastor for review and approval. Also, the Outreach Ministries team will collaborate with outreach program teams already in place to ensure teams are healthy and if not, work closely with outreach teams to get them in a healthy state (this may include but not limited to ensuring they have enough volunteers, provide supplies, etc., and communicating needs/updates to pastor).
FORMER MINISTRY OUTREACH EVENTS/GROUPS TO CONSIDER: SENIORS FOOD DISTRIBUTION, TRUNK-A-TREAT, THANKSGIVING COMMUNITY MEAL (SERVED SUNDAY EVENING, BEFORE THANKSGIVING), BACKPACK GIVEAWAY, MOVIE NIGHT, CHRISTMAS ANGEL, TACOS WITH SANTA (W/GIFT GIVEAWAY), BASKETS OF HOPE DISTRIBUTION, ETC.
OUTREACH MINISTRIES TEAM REQUIREMENTS
- Outreach Commanded by Christ. The core motivation of the Outreach Ministries Team is impacting the world as the body of Christ. Before His ascension, Jesus told the disciples that their impact on the world should start in their city and expand its influence into the entire world, Matthew 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit and in Acts 1:8, the scriptures say But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.
- Outreach is necessary for growth. Worship, discipleship, and serving are important, but if you never progress to the next stage of maturity by being involved in outreach, you will be spiritually lacking and incomplete. In life, organisms that cannot reproduce themselves are general considered immature, unnatural, unhealthy or damaged. If one is truly walking with God in discipleship, worship and service, then outreach will be a natural result. All living things have the ability to produce offspring like themselves. A living church is reproducing, while a dying church has no heart or burden for the lost in their community, state, nation and world (Matthew 9:9-12).
- Expectations. The guidelines for the Outreach Ministries team membership are:
- personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- a faith outlined by the creeds of the church
- an active membership in the ongoing life of the church
- a commitment to praying for the outreach programs
- Commitment. Attendance at workshops or training sessions, meeting an hour before service begins.
- Preparation. Monthly, the team will promote (update or introduce) Outreach programs to the church. This means the team will meet on a weekday to research, investigate and create a strategic plan and will be in contact with outreach team leaders to check the state of their program(s).
- Sacrifice. Being on the Outreach Ministries team means sacrifice. If you’re called to the Outreach Ministriesministry, you’re not there just to enjoy and receive. You’re worshiping in a different way. You’re attentive to what God wants to do through you.
OUTREACH MINISTRIES TEAM DYNAMICS
The Outreach Ministries Team Leader will encounter all kinds of people and various degrees of personalities. Hence, the following are practical suggestions for dealing with team members:
- Be sensitive. This may be new to the member, so, be patient.
- Inspire. Building an environment to freely be creative is important.
- Mentor. Be ready to guide, teach and support your team with their ideas. The goal is to help the member grow a sense of ownership to their position and to their church.